Scanning large format documents and maps can be a bit tricky, but it is certainly doable with the right equipment and techniques. Here are the steps you can follow:
1) Determine the size of the document or map you want to scan. Large format documents are typically larger than the standard 8.5 x 11 inches size, so you will need a scanner that can handle larger sizes.
2) Choose the right scanner. There are many large format scanners available on the market, including flatbed scanners, sheet-fed scanners, and overhead scanners. Flatbed scanners are the most common type of scanner and are ideal for scanning documents that are not too thick. Sheet-fed scanners are better suited for scanning multiple documents at once, while overhead scanners are good for scanning large maps and posters.
3) Prepare the document or map for scanning. Remove any staples, tape, or other fasteners that may be holding the document together. Flatten the document or map as much as possible to ensure that it will lay flat on the scanner bed.
4) Set the scanner settings. Depending on the scanner you are using, you may need to adjust the settings to accommodate the size and type of document you are scanning. Check the user manual for instructions on how to set the scanner to scan large format documents.
5) Place the document or map on the scanner bed. If you are using a flatbed scanner, place the document or map face down on the glass bed. If you are using an overhead scanner, position the document or map under the camera and secure it in place.
6) Scan the document or map. Press the scan button on the scanner, and wait for the scanning process to complete. If you are using an overhead scanner, you may need to manually adjust the position of the camera to capture different parts of the document or map.
7) Save the scanned document or map. Once the scanning process is complete, save the scanned image to your computer or a USB drive. Make sure to choose a high resolution and file format that will preserve the quality of the image.
With these steps, you should be able to scan your large format documents and maps with ease.
© 2022 Bizcopier Solutions Sdn Bhd